Pony, Unicorn & Dragon Toy hobby horse Sewing Inspiration


Handmade hobby horses to get the kids moving and you creating some magical childhood memories!!

I made these ride-on toys for my young niece and nephews. They turned out better than I expected and the kids loved them.

I made a Flame spitting Dragon for my Nephew who is 5, I used felt for the fire and the dragon spikes. The green leopard fabric was some leftover I had in my craft boxes and the sewn-on details were all felt.


My niece loves her dolls and all things that are pretty, just like all little girls. So I made her a floral unicorn out of vintage fabric I had stashed. I used hot pink tulle for the unicorn's mane and used lace and sequins for the details. How gorgeous is this?


For my youngest nephew who is 2 years old, I made him a printed bright pony. My sister-in-law owns an Equestrian & agistment property and I knew he would love this pony and spend hours having fun around the property but still be safe on his own little pony


I made all of these using my own head shape patterns and experimented with using different fabric prints, colours and materials, creating different textures. I'm happy with how they turned out and want to make more for future gifts. 

I think they are perfect for Christmas presents and birthday presents and so much more love goes into them when you sew these toys up yourself.

Let's face it, children love running around with a head on a stick riding it, its good for their creativity and gets them off the electronic devices 😊


HOBBY HORSE SUPPLIES
  • Fabric or your choice
  • Felt, Sequins, Lace & wool for details
  • Plastic golf stick for a handle
  • Wadding to stuff
  • Sewing machine
  • Creativity
Sewing Skill Level Moderate

I hope these inspired you to make your own children's ride-on toys.

KEEP SMILING ðŸ’—

What type of character hobby horse would you like to make? 
Let me know below in the comments 

PIN FOR LATER