Designer bag by Vivienne Westwood is not available to us mere morals yet, only pre order so I decided to make a cheaper version and easy enough for a tutorial for you all :)
WHAT YOU NEED
- sewing machine
- silicone spray
- PVC black and metallic fabric
(you could use leather or vinyl, whatever you like, this is just the affordable option)
- lining fabric (I used pink silk)
- magnetic bag clasp or velcro
- sewing pins
- template / pattern
- cut out your pieces and trifold the black panel to check your cock cut out shape will fit correctly and you are happy with placement
- pin the shape in the correct position ready to sew
- before you start sewing spray silicone spray onto the PVC.
If you do not do that, the sewing machine foot will stick to the PVC plastic and not glide.
- slowly sew around the shape.
If you want the crocodile type pattern on the shape you can sew that now, I decided not to just to keep it easy
once the shape in sewn on, turn both front and back panels wrong way out and pin together
clearly your cut edges will be perfect and not roughly done like mine lol I was figuring this out as I went so quick cutting ;)
sew straight lines around 3 edges, excluding the top edge which is the edge which sits at the top under the clutch flap
Cut around the edge (if they are messy like mine but I am sure you would have cut right at the begining lol
If you do not have to cut around the edge, just cut the corners away on an angle so once you turn the bag correct way around it will sit flat
turn panel the right way out
- sew the same 3 sides excluding the inside edge.
- Try to keep the same distance all the way around as you will see this new sew line
- Make sure you use the silicone spray again for smooth sewing
Once sewn, fold the panel how the bag will be eventually to position your magnetic clasp and attach them.
fold the un-sewn edge inside the bag and pin. Now sew the same as the rest of the edge.
sew up the sides of the bag on both sides, try to sew on the line you have already sewn to keep it neat.
(The clasp is not on here as I decided not to put it on in-case the pattern didn't work, but it did so I put it on afterwards)
Above is the photos of Rihanna with the original penis cock clutch.. try saying that fast! haha
here is the free DIY pattern for you to use, you can make it smaller or larger if you choose, this is just a basic template :)
Click to enlarge and copy