-->

Monday, July 8

DIY Lumpy Space Princess backpack

Today was a nice quick craft project basically to stop my daughter nagging me... okay okay the nagging was justified as I brought her this school bag in January and told her I would make it an Adventure Time backpack for her...... 6 months later I still had not done it LOL I don't know why I kept putting it off as it took me no longer than 30 mins to complete :)

Anyhoo below is a picture tutorial on how I created a Lumpy Space Princess backpack.


SUPPLIES
- purple backpack of any kind, I brought this canvas one of Ebay for $18 but if you are good you can make your own (I was too lazy for that lol)
- yellow, black & white felt, I used scrap pieces I had as you do not need much
- scrap paper to draw up design
- pencil and scissors
- craft glue
- sewing machine or needle & thread

HOW TO
1/ get a purple backpack (this may be the hardest part)
2/ draw up your face on paper to fit top section of bag and cut out
3/ place design on top panel for placement and mark with pencil where the pieces go. I originally was going to do a happy face but my daughter wanted a mean one to keep people away from touching her bag lol
4/ using the paper pieces as your pattern, cut out your felt
5/ glue pieces down with a strong craft glue, you do not have to glue them but I find it's easier to sew once glued because of all the little pieces.
6/ Sew - I used a sewing machine but if you do not have a machine you could hand sew the design on with black thread. If you hand sew, it will take longer but you will get the same effect :)

And your new Adventure time backpack is complete!!! easiest DIY bag make-over ever!!!

This would make a good project for an old bag up-cycle or getting kids involved in crafts. I hope you liked this project, sorry for poor pictures, my camera is still playing up and its annoying me big time...... have a sweet arse week :)



Share on Tumblr Heart It
submit to reddit


PLEASE DO NOT USE FOR PROFIT

3 comments:

  1. humanityisbeautiful9 July 2013 00:53

    i love it! i want one for myself! thank you for the sweet comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my glob! Fabulous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathalia Lawless11 July 2013 07:38

    lol this is amazing <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting