-->

Monday, November 26

The story of the Bambi Costume


There once was a teenage girl who asked her Mother to make her a costume for a party, she gave Mother plenty of notice and even instructed her on the design... all Mother had to do was buy the fabric, make a pattern and sew it up....... 

The Mother unfortunately thought she has all the time in the world to make the costume, 2 days before the party reality hit and Mother had to work very fast around other commitments and looking after a new naughty puppy.

Everything was going smoothly until puppy decides to dart into the room and wee right on the middle of the deer dress while Mummy was pinning it on the floor..... there were gasps and screams and plenty of yelling at Mum (because apparently everything is mums fault, even the dog weeing haha) 

Mother finished the dress and made the Deer ears but due to the pink insert they looked a lot like a vagina....... LOL the Teenager was not impressed so Mother had to start again and do the centre of the ears white..

Eventually the Bambi dress was completed and fit perfectly and the teenager was a happy little deer and lived happily ever after.....  well maybe just for the weekend ;)






Share on Tumblr Heart It
submit to reddit


16 comments:

  1. Okay, so that dress is amazing and I kind of want one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol me to Nat, I wished this fitted me otherwise I may have stole it haha xx

      Delete
  2. That is so cute! and the story sounds so like me! haha saying yeah I will make that then leaving it till the last minute haha
    sewthecity.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha glad I am not the only one who does that, maybe we work our best under pressure lol xx

      Delete
  3. very nice!! I want it too! :) great job. haha glad everything worked out despite the puppy peeing all over it! :P

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god I love it! I want it. You're amazing <3 I have a question, what abric did you use? XX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thank you so much :)

      I used a one way stretch poly that had a soft fake suede effect on one side for the fawn colour part of the dress and just a polar-fleece for the white. I think a 2 way stretch would have been better to stop the fabric puckering on some edges but for $5.99 a metre on sale in the right colour how could I not buy it lol
      xx

      Delete
  5. Omg I really love this costume! You are a trully artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww I am having a crappy week and I get on here finally to check it and read this, you always make me smile xx

      Delete
  6. What an awesome costume! It looks fantastic. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely adorable! Great job all the way around! What a clever idea and design! I love the details! Spots on the back, tail, ears, nose and her beautiful braid! Way to persevere mom in the time constraints and a jealous puppy ;) bravo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. MIND EXPLOSION!!!
    This is fantastic. Your costumes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute didnt like the spots and the ears are to big

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you buy something like that, I'm searching for a bambi costume!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not sure Emma, maybe search the costume store websites :)

    ReplyDelete