1970s Love Child Easy Make-up tutorial | BEAUTY DIY


This weekend my daughter attended a party, the invitation stated you must be inspired and dressed as a hippy love child but not dress 70's, must be a modern take on a hippy.. hmmm? 

What to do... I have no clue...  I guess go bright and bold 😊

All my ideas were rejected with the clothing but my blue 1970s eye-shadow was agreed upon, which was great except at the last minute I could not find my blue eye-shadow palette... mega annoyed as it is my favourite blue to use,

Without the blue eyeshadow on hand, this is what we come up with, not really a particular style but I think it could pass as a modern hippy love child




MAKE-UP Tutorial Details
  • 20 mins
  • Basic Make-up skills
DIY Make-up Supplies
  • Black Eyeliner
  • Bright Blue Eyeliner
  • Silver Shimmer Eyeshadow
  • White Eyeshadow
  • Liquid Glitter
  • Mascara
  • Foundation/concealer.powder (whatever you would usually use)
1| After applying your base makeup (foundation etc.) you can start on your eyes. 

Draw a thin black line on the top lash, as close to your lashes as possible. This is just to create some depth to the eye and break up the bright blue from your eyes.

2| Using a shimmer eye shadow, apply it to the whole top lid all the way to your eyebrow & to the inner eye.


3| Draw an extra thick line from the inner eye all the way to the outer eye with a bright blue eyeliner.

4| Add some white eye shadow on the top lid and more shimmer to the rest of the eye area.

5| On the lower lid draw a line with the same blue eyeliner and smudge. Do not put this on the inside of your lower lid, always apply an eye-liner on the outside of your lower lid Otherwise your eyes with close up and look smaller.


6| Apply some liquid glitter to the sides of your eyes on top of the blue eyeliner.

7| If you are creative, add some hearts with your blue eyeliner on your face, This is not needed but it's cute 

8| Put mascara on both the top and the bottom lashes, the more the better!! The 70s loved their mascara. Make sure you do not make your lashes cluggie though, this is when a new Mascara comes in handy

This is a fun way to wear blue without it being over the top. Also, a great way to add some colour to your look.


9| Put on your lippy and you are done!!! My daughter wanted a bright pink, I wouldn't have chosen this colour for everyday wear with blue but it was a party so I guess you can get away with anything


Blowing kisses to her sister who had taken over the camera. lol

Hair done, shoes on and ready to go!

I will post a different post with the outfit she wore as this post is image-heavy already 



The products I used
  • Rimmel Exaggerate waterproof eye definer in Blue
This is my favourite eye-liner, I have heaps of colours
  • Chi Chi liquid glitter eye-liner in aqua
  • BYS black eye-liner
This has a super-fine tip for really thin lines, great at how cheap it is
  • Be Yourself shimmer pot in silver
  • Ultra3 eye-shadow palette
MUCH LOVE ðŸ’—

What is your favourite bright make-up product? 
Let me know below in the comments 

2 comments