-->

Friday, July 6

DIY customised pencil case for kids

For the last week my 8 year old has been trying to convince me to buy her a Moshi Monster pencil case... with postage it would have cost about $35... well I don't think so!!! lol

After trying to con her father as everyone knows in my house mum will not back down but dad will... that didn't work so she gave in and asked me to make her a plain pencil case so she could draw on it herself. Sure... sounds good to me! I can use some scrap fabric and a zip that is gong to waste, keep her quiet and never have to hear about this $35 one again :)



Blank plain pencil case made out of plain calico.

 Side 1 above - Adventure time theme, one of her favourite cartoons.
 Side 2 below - Moshi Monster inspired design.


The pencil case is pretty huge, she wanted it big enough to fit her ruler in and throw a book in for school. Normal coloured texters were used even though I told her to use my sharpies she didn't listen (do they ever?) but I must say the texters are better colours and surprisingly did not bleed into the calico fabric. This is not going to get washed so really it does not matter if they are permanent fabric markers or not.

This little project took me about 5 minutes to make the case but about 5 hours or more in total for her to draw on it.... I know she is a little perfectionist and I am not sure other kids would not take this long but even if its only 1 hour of creative quiet time that is keeping them off their gadgets then that's a win :)




Share on Tumblr Heart It
submit to reddit


3 comments:

  1. Wow thats really nice =) Make me one lol.
    You are so good. =) Wish i could make those, or at least have the patient to try. =)
    Hope you have a good day/evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would be able to make one, alot ewasier than you think. I will do a tutorial for you one day :) hope you are having a nice weekend Jess x

      Delete
  2. Really this case is so cute,i want this pencil case.Thanks for sharing important post with us.

    ReplyDelete